The Master Class “Data Justice in Healthcare” aims to promote the exchange of ideas about the emergence, the ethical significance as well as possible individual and systemic solution strategies for a just handling of data within healthcare. We are inviting contributions!
Master Class: “Data Justice in Healthcare” from 19th – 23th of February 2024 in Tübingen, Germany
Master Class Topics
- Ethically addressing biases and biased data
- Data representation
- Reliability and transparency
- Concepts of harm
- Ensuring fair distribution of benefits
- (De-)materialising power and oppression.
- Considering access to and ownership of data
- mHealth and marginalized communities
- Empowerment and just datafication
- Medical and non-medical data
- mHealth and public health (surveillance);
- Approaches of equitable design
- Ethical challenges of data sharing and data integration
- Just frameworks for health data governance
- Roles and responsibilities of stakeholders
Speakers & Experts from the Field
We are looking for PhD students, PostDocs and early career researchers
You are interested and willing to discuss questions regarding the ethical, legal, and social aspects in the context of digitalization, health, and data justice in an interdisciplinary and international setting.
E.g. considering access to and ownership of data; mHealth and marginalized communities; empowerment and just datafication; medical and non-medical data; mHealth and public health (surveillance); approaches of equitable design
You are willing to prepare a paper, to present and discuss it with participants and experts (a joint publication of the results is intended and will be discussed during the Master Class).
How to apply
Applicants are asked to submit an abstract in English on the topics mentioned above (max. 500 words) for the paper they would like to present at the Master Class together with a short CV via e-mail to email@example.com until 31th of July 2023. After consultation by a team of experts, up to 14 participants will receive invitations until 31th of October 2023. Invited participants will be asked to submit the manuscripts of their papers until 8th of January 2024. The manuscripts will be distributed to all participants in advance for preparation of the research retreat, which will take place from the 19th – 23th of February 2024.